Rules and Etiquette
- Posts are to be made in appropriate forums. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. There is a fine line between satire and attack and between strongly worded opinion and personal invective. Take issue with ideas, not personalities. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Spelling and grammar corrections? Not cool.
- Don't be a back-seat moderator. If you see something on this board you think is inappropriate, bring it to the attention of the moderator instead of posting a reply to the entire forum.
- Members should remember these forums are aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Posts in violation of copyrights will be removed.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites by not overloading messages with images and long signatures to make them "pretty."
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include "Hey" and "You Out There?" Examples of good titles include "2005 Reunion Update" and "DH'95 minireunion."
- Check your facts before you post. Do not, under any circumstances, post anything about spam, virus warnings, or anything designed to be 'forwarded to all your friends' to this list. If it is something cute, funny, or touching that you found on the Internet, don't post it here. Be assured most members have already seen it.
- Members are encouraged to use the test forum for general "test purposes." For example, you should use the test forum to check signatures, test a link or image, or learn how to use BBCode markup. Do not post test messages in other forums.
- Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes offering any sort of commercial service or putting a link for commercial services in a post.
- Although these forums are operated by ABI, users are free (and, in fact, encouraged) to offer positive and negative comments on ABI issues and operation. Nobody will be penalized for criticizing ABI or individual officers, provided that they abide by normal rules of polite conversation.
ABI reserves the right to edit/remove any post or ban any user temporarily or permanently, at any time, for violating any of these rules. The determination of what is considered indecent, vulgar, spam, obnoxious, or inappropriate is at the sole discretion of the moderators. We want this to be a happy, thriving community.
Moderators are appointed by the site administrators on an as-needed basis. Please do not volunteer to be a Moderator.
Moderators are responsible for ensuring that messages in a forum are consistent with the forum rules and etiquette and serve Brat community interests. Moderators can remove or edit messages that are in violation. Moderators can issue warnings to users who violate the policy. By using this board, you agree to abide by Moderators' interpretation of this policy.
- Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need for a fourth warning arises, a temporary ban will be imposed. Users who are banned three times in a year will be banned permanently.
- Arguing with moderators after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes, a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned can contact the site administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org). If the site administrator feels a warning was overkill, the warning will be removed. If the site administrator determines that a warning was appropriate, the warning stands. Contacting the site administrator over a warning should be a last resort: stop whining and behave, fercryinoutloud.
- An exception to the three-strike rule applies when users contact the site administrator or moderators personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.