In this announcement:
- Reunion Registration Is Now Live!
- Unexpected, Bratty Surprises
- Improve Your Brat Connections
1. Reunion Registration Is Now Live!
The moment you all have been waiting for has finally arrived! We are happy to announce that you can start registering to attend the reunion this May. Just log in to the ABI website and REGISTER! Please read the explanation of fees, payment options, and cancellation fees before registering.
A few notes before you rush over:
- You must be either a Supporting or Sustaining Member for the registration function to be enabled, so if you haven't upgraded your membership (paid your administrative baksheesh), you must do this first. Once you log in to the site, instructions for doing this are on the Main Gate page.
- You are not fully registered until full payment has been received.
- Even if you reside in the Dallas area and are only planning on attending one day at the hotel, you still must register and pay the reunion fees. The fees cover much, much more than just the banquet and goodie bag.
If you have issues regarding the website or registration process, please contact Dawn.
Questions about the reunion itself should be directed to email@example.com
2. Unexpected, "Bratty" Surprises
In 2009, we received an incredible, anonymous donation in the amount of $5,000 from a Ras Tanura brat. The donor specified that the money be "used for the reunion." At the time we received this donation, the reunion budget and registration fee had already been set. The LA Committee choose to use the money to provide appetizers at the Friday Night Opening Reception which was not (and never has been) included in the reunion budget.
This very generous supporter has surprised us again with another $5,000 contribution to be used for the Dallas reunion. The money has been applied to the reunion budget to provide entertainment for the Sunday night dance and help defray costs of rental equipment for the Canteen (i.e. garage band equipment, games, juke box). This has allowed us to reduce the registration fee by $7.14 per attendee. Wow!!!
Amazing things "do" happen when you least expect it. Our sincere thanks to this RT brat!!!
3. Improve Your Brat Connections
Did you know you can now add your high school and college to your member profile. Both can be used as search terms in the directory, so you can find fellow alumni. This is a new feature, so have a little patience - it will take a while for enough people to update their profiles with their school info. While you're updating your profile, why not list the URL of your facebook page as your website? Help your long, lost friends find you on facebook!
Shukran and see you in May!
Marie Littlejohn-Dunn DH'77